Every diamond is extremely hard and durable. But to keep these precious stones looking brilliant over time, some maintenance is recommended.
- Don’t wear your diamond jewellery during rigorous work or sporting activities.
- Don’t let your diamond rings come into contact with hard surfaces.
- Don’t leave diamonds near corrosive substances like cosmetics or cleaners.
- Check your diamond jewellery regularly to ensure settings are secure.
- Have a qualified jeweller inspect your diamonds at least once a year.
- Wash and brush gently in a bowl of warm water with mild detergent.
- Soak in 1 part ammonia and 5 parts cold water for 3-5 minutes. Repeat and pat dry.
- Dip in liquid jewellery cleaner and follow instructions.
- Ultra clean with ultrasonic jewellery cleaner. Again, follow instructions.
- Never store diamond jewellery together. Keep separate to avoid scratching.
- Don’t leave jewellery boxes near excessive heat or moisture.
- Store in separate pouches or a soft-lined box with compartments.
- Buy a jewellery travel case for travelling.